Hi, I’m Colin. I live in Brisbane and I photograph weddings.
Ever since I can remember I’ve been a sucker for photography. My dad was a wedding photographer in the 70’s and no doubt this has had a pretty big influence on me. Even Dad’s style has rubbed off on me in some ways. Our family albums are filled with moments, not poses and captured in those scrumptious, warm, vintage tones.
I’ve often wondered why I love shooting weddings so much and I’m pretty sure it’s because it matters. I mean, it really matters. Weddings are filled with so many significant, life moments. Like, heaps and heaps of them… and my job is to catch em’ and turn them into memories. As far as parties go, it’s definitely one that’s worth remembering.
I feel pretty strongly that weddings, above all, should be relaxed and fun. Which suits me to a tee.
Although I’m exhausted after a wedding and my feet ache and there’s nothing left in the tank, I feel good. There’s no option but to feel happy after a day of laughing and smiling whilst being surrounded by people laugh and smiling… I’m yet to meet someone who doesn’t like to laugh and smile.
Hopefully you’re reading this because you really dig my photos. Which is super important but you’ve got to like me too. So, here’s a few things that you should know about me:
– I take my job very seriously but take the approach of not taking things too seriously… if that makes sense.
– Even though I wear skinny jeans, I’m not a hipster. I probably would be but I can’t grow a beard.
– I like all sorts of music, especially folk and Britney’s early work.
– I chipped my tooth playing mini golf.
– When I’m not taking photos I like to take my gorgeous wife Leah, my daughter Summer, future baby (Leah’s preggo) and our fur child Rocco, down to the beach at Wellington Point for a swim… To me, that’s what life’s about.
– I’m a homely man and love being close to my little family but I will do the odd destination wedding.
By reading this far, I’d hope that you’re pretty keen. If so, why not fill out the contact form (top right link) and I’ll send you all the information you need to help you decide if I’m your guy…. Here’s to laughing and smiling!